Pages

Monday, October 15, 2012

Merry Christmas... what??

This past weekend I had a Christmas party with a few friends. Complete with a Christmas tree, Christmas sweaters, Christmas music and candy canes! Basically a whole lot of Christmas in the month of October! But why did I have a Christmas party in October?

Our Christmas paloosa happened in response to Compassion's unsponsored children. Every year around September or October, sponsors can write and decorate Christmas cards for children still waiting for sponsors. The cards are sent to Compassion headquarters in Colorado and then distributed to different countries where they are given to children without sponsors that can send them loving messages.
I adored sharing the ministry of Compassion with my friends. While they already knew of my involvement in writing letters to my own kids, it was neat to share the experience with them. I also shared a short video I made by compiling promotional Compassion videos to show how important these simple cards of encouragement and Christmas cheer could be.




One of my friends kept saying "This is so cool to know that we might be making a difference in a child's Christmas." I could see her genuine enthusiasm as she wrote. :) God has blessed me with amazing friends!

It was such a wonderful experience! I highly recommend having a Christmas-card-writing-party with friends or family. Maybe some of you have already done something like this. If so, I'd love to hear how it went!

Also, I found out about Christmas Cards for Unsponsored Children from Michelle at Blogging from the Boonies, so for more info on where to send the cards and such, check out her post An Opportunity to Bless Unsponsored Children.

God bless and Merry Christmas :)

Dionne


No comments:

Post a Comment