Pages

Monday, September 24, 2012

They grow up so fast!

This past week I received a letter from the handsome and comedic Ulrich from Burkina Faso. In the letter was a picture of him wearing his birthday gift clothes. I was surprised by how tall and grown up he appeared!

This is the first picture I have of Ulrich, taken at about age 5





This is Ulrich at age 7 (March 2012) soon after I became his correspondence sponsor





This one I received in May 2012 (what a beautiful family)



Then, all of a sudden, Ulrich is all-grown-up!


It's weird to see this boy grow up before my eyes. Eight months ago, I didn't even know where Burkina Faso was, and now I know a real child that lives there. What a crazy thing! I find myself looking at these photos and exclaiming "they grow up so fast!" as if I was Ulrich's mother or close family member. But, oddly enough, I feel like he is part of my family. This boy I've never met is constantly in my thoughts and prayers.



I'm linked up with Blogging from the Boonies' Monday Mail Call





God bless,

Dionne

4 comments:

  1. What a great letter! And that picture is just adorable. He looks like such a happy boy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is a very happy child! He always writes about such positive and joyous things, its amazing how his optimistic personality shines through his letters and pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is such a handsome young man! Burkina Faso seems to be really good about sending gift photos and I just love getting an extra glimpse at our kids!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so very cool! He is a handsome happy looking boy!

    ReplyDelete